Now that spring is here, if you’ve been planning to get a yachting trip on the calendar, why not consider some of Florida’s beautiful white sand beaches as your destination?
Learn more about some of these can’t-miss spots, and be sure to add a stop for boat parts in Fort Lauderdale to your list before you set off to explore!
White sand beaches to check out in Northwest Florida
If you find yourself in the northwest part of the state, there are multiple white sand beaches worth checking out. Before we dive too much further, though, do you know why the sand at these beaches is white? The sand crystals are almost entirely pure quartz, resulting in a soft sand that’s not gritty and is perfect for walking on. Plus, you’ll likely find that it takes white sand much longer to become hot than other types of sand, regardless of how high the temperature is.
Here are some beaches you might consider visiting:
- Destin Beaches: One noteworthy Destin beach in particular is James Lee Park Beach. If you or your kids love being active, James Lee Park Beach is a must-visit. Choose from activities like surfing, snorkeling, paddleboarding and kayaking.
- Navarre Beach: Navarre Beach is home to the longest pier in Northwest Florida. If you like strolling along the pier at the beach, add this spot to your list. Navarre Beach is also known for its lovely seashells, so if you’re a shell collector, this beach might quickly become a new favorite spot.
- Pensacola Beach: This gorgeous beach is located between the Gulf of Mexico and Pensacola Bay. It’s known for its pure white sand and is generally less crowded than some of the state’s other white sand beaches.
White sand beaches to check out in South Florida
Headed to the southern part of Florida, closer to Fort Lauderdale? You’ll find white sand beaches from around Tampa Bay to Marco Island.
Here’s a sampling of some of the popular white sand beaches in this part of the state:
- Lido Key: Interested in dolphin watching, deep sea fishing or sailing? Lido Key, a barrier island located off the coast of Sarasota, is home to an exceptional array of these activities.
- Fort Myers Beach: If you love building sand sculptures, Fort Myers Beach is the place for you! The sand there is known to work especially well for sculpting all types of sand art.
- Clearwater Beach: Looking for a long stretch of beach? Clearwater Beach is two and a half miles long and is frequently singled out in rankings as one of the best beaches in Florida.
Have you identified which of Florida’s magnificent beaches you’d like to add to your itinerary? No matter which you choose, you won’t be disappointed! Just make sure that in your excitement, you don’t overlook any servicing that you might need for your yacht.
Starboard Yacht Group LLC has you covered for boat parts in Fort Lauderdale and the surrounding areas of South Florida. We offer yacht maintenance, management, restoration and scheduled service programs, and bring a thorough understanding of boat mechanics to any job we undertake. Call us today to schedule any needed services before you head to the beach!