At Starboard Yacht Group LLC, we provide a variety of yacht cleaning services to keep your boat looking great all year long. While our services focus on more intensive cleaning like pressure washing and in-depth upholstery cleaning, there are plenty of other small cleaning jobs you’ll want to be prepared for as a yacht owner.
Therefore, here are a few supplies you’ll always want to have close by as you engage in yacht cleaning in Fort Lauderdale:
- Lemon oil: If the interior of your boat has a lot of wood, you need a cleaner that is specifically made for it. Rather than using other harsh chemicals that could ruin the integrity and appearance of your wood, have lemon oil on hand. Wiping down the surfaces with the lemon oil keeps the wood on the interior looking brand new for years to come.
- Stain removers: You never know when you’ll have a spill somewhere on your boat, whether it’s on exterior upholstery or interior carpets. Therefore, you should have a variety of carpet cleaners and stain removers on hand to quickly address spills as soon as they arise, before they become stains.
- Dish soap: Dish soap has a variety of uses out at sea beyond just doing your dishes. It will get sudsy in seawater as well, meaning you can use it to wash any number of things on your boat.
- Vinegar: What is a cleaning supply closet without vinegar? It is both extremely versatile and perfectly safe for the environment, which makes it a must-have when you’re out at sea. You can use it to wipe down wood, use it in toilet cleaning, use it as a disinfectant and even use it in cooking. With so many different potential applications, you should always have plenty of vinegar on hand.
- Toilet bowl cleaner: Not only is toilet bowl cleaner important for keeping your toilet spotless for guests, but it also is important for what happens to waste when it is disposed. Using an environmentally friendly toilet bowl cleaner ensures that, if holding tank waste is disposed at sea, there will not be any harmful chemicals ejected along with it.
- Fiberglass cleaner: For cleaning above the deck, you’re going to want to have a high-quality fiberglass cleaner on hand. All you need to do is wet the area to be cleaned, then spray on the cleaner and let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing it away. Using this type of cleaner in conjunction with a generic boat soap will account for most of the above-deck cleaning jobs you’re likely to encounter. Make sure to choose a brand that is biodegradable and non-toxic.
For big cleaning jobs, you can always turn to the specialists at Starboard Yacht Group LLC. But when it comes to smaller jobs involving yacht cleaning in Fort Lauderdale, it doesn’t hurt to be prepared to do it yourself. Contact us today for more information about our services and for additional cleaning supply recommendations.
Categorised in: Yacht Services